AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
About this Course
|Course Type||Course Code||Duration|
This course provides two days of experience in managing and controlling Agile software development projects, looking at the underlying philosophy and motivation for this trend in software development. It also examines the core practices and techniques of a number of Agile methods and their impact on project management activities.
Why Attend this Course?
Our courses are authored by content-area experts with a great deal of training experience. Topics are broken down into small chunks, which are explained, demonstrated with sample files or applications, and then practiced with hands-on exercises.
What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
The course is supplemented by hands-on labs that help attendees reinforce their theoretical knowledge of the learned material.
What you will Learn?
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand the background to and the driving forces for taking an Agile approach to software development
- understand the core practices and philosophies behind a number of specific Agile Methodologies
- appreciate the organisational and people challenges and opportunities the Agile approach brings to the software development process
- know how these have been overcome in some real projects
- know how project management should be addressed on Agile projects
- use some new techniques and methods for managing and guiding Agile projects.
Program Managers, Agile Project Managers/ ScrumMasters, PMO, Business Sponsors and Product Owners, Architects and Technical Leaders, Executives, and Managers interested in learning more about Agile Planning.
Participants are expected to have experience in software development, and ideally have some experience with project management in software environments. There is no need to be experienced with specific Agile methods as the course includes a discussion of the rationale and background of these methods. This course does not teach you how to be a project manager (for that we have Software Education’s 3-day Software Project Management course). Instead, it teaches you how to apply your existing project management knowledge to Agile projects. For those requiring more of a grounding in Agile fundamentals, a suggested lead-in course is Agile Fundamentals.
- Introduction and Background
- Some History
- The Agile Manifesto
- What Projects benefit from Agile
- Collective wisdom
- What about Requirements?
- Do Just Enough
- Common Elements
- Focus on People and Communication
- Roles and Responsibilities
The second day then deep dives into the roles and responsibilities of the Project Manager and Iteration Manager in each of the Agile phases.
- Project Management Activities
- Servant Leadership
- Initiating a Project and the Project Charter
- Risk Management
- Release Planning
- Iteration Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Steering and Guiding
- Removing Obstacles
- Monitoring Progress
- Analysing Results
- Knowing When to Stop
- Some Agile Methods
- Practices and techniques of specific Agile Methods
- Energising and empowering self-organising teams
- Working with Big Visible Charts
- Identifying and resolving smells
- Challenges and Issues
What next- How do I arrange a group course or book a public place.?
We are here to help so please utilise our live chat team
Call to speak to your account manager or a consultant on
0345 467 9557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are all technical with a wealth of Learning & Development experience so can talk you through any specific requirements or the details of one of our courses.