This five-day instructor-led course is a complete high-level tour of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
4 February5 days, 08:00 AM PST - 04:00 PM PSTOnline
Register10 places remaining
- £2,341.00 excl. VAT
About this course:
This five-day instructor-led course is a complete high-level tour of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack. It introduces students to the SQL 2012 Business Intelligence and SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence services including PerformancePoint Service, Excel Services, Business Connectivity Services, Visio Services and the Business Intelligence Center focusing on their interdependency. Each of the modules is stand-alone allowing for customization of the course for those audiences that may not have an interest in a certain service. Each concept is demonstrated with a video before the exercise on that concept, so first you will have the short lecture then see the concept demonstrated then do it yourself. Remember if you can’t do it you didn’t learn it. Each of the videos, and there are approximately 13 hours of them, is intended as a take-away from the class for each student.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Browse the data within the cube using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Browse data using Visual Studio 2013.
- Connect to a tabular source, import tables, and explore the data.
- Successfully Navigate SQL Server Data Tools.
- Successfully Navigate SQL Server Management Studio.
- Run the Import Export Wizard.
- Create a Project.
- Add and Configure Connections to the Control Flow.
- Add and Configure Execute SQL Tasks.
- Connect and Configure Precedence Constraints.
- Add and Configure Data Flow Tasks.
- Use the Destination Assistant.
- Copy a Package and Reuse Project Connection Managers.
- Add and Configure a Data Conversion Transformation.
- Add and Configure a Conditional Split Transformation.
- Add and Configure a Multicast Transformation.
- Add and Configure an Aggregate Transformation.
- Add and Configure a Derived Column Transformation.
- Add and Configure a Sort Transformation.
- Add and Configure a Lookup Transformation.
- Successfully Deploy a Project.
- Create a Sample or Test Database.
- Successfully Navigate and Use Key Objects.
- Create a Server Side Time Dimension.
- Create a Data Source.
- Create a Data View.
- Successfully Navigate a Cube.
- Successfully Navigate and Configure Partitions.
- Use the Aggregation Design Wizard.
- Create and Configure a Data Profiling Task.
- Configure Proactive Cache.
- Deploy and Process a Project.
- Build a Cube.
- Understand the Functionality of MDX.
- Write MDX.
- Understand How to Use MDX to Navigate Hierarchies.
- Write MDX Navigating Hierarchies.
- Understand Working with Time in MDX.
- Write MDX Working with Time.
- Creating a Tabular Project.
- Import Data Using the Table Import Wizard.
- Manually Add a Relationship.
- Create Measures.
- Create Calculated Columns.
- Create Hierarchies.
- Create Perspectives.
- Create KPIs.
- Process Data.
- Deploy a Solution.
- Connect to a Tabular Model Using Excel.
- Locate, Access and Use Report Manager.
- Use Report Designer.
- Create and Configure Data Sources.
- Create and Configure Datasets.
- Create and Configure a Basic Report.
- Create and Configure Graphics.
- Create and Configure Maps
- Create and Configure Report Parts.
- Create and Configure a Model.
- Create and Configure Entities.
- Create and Configure Members.
- Create and Configure Attributes.
- Create a Business Rule.
- Deploy a Model.
- Load Data.
- Create a Subscribing View.
- Use the Data Mining Add-in for Excel.
- Explore the options and settings available within the new SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Create a new web application and business intelligence site while exploring the features of both.
- Create a SharePoint library to hold Excel workbooks and explore trusted file locations.
- Utilize the Power View add-in for Excel
- Create an Excel workbook with a parameter and save it to a SharePoint document library.
- Add Web Apps to a webpage.
- Explore the Dashboard Designer interface and know how to create and configure a data source.
- Create and configure a standard KPI and a scorecard.
- Create and configure a leaf KPI and a scorecard.
- Create two blank KPI’s and then roll them into an objective KPI.
- Create and configure an analytic chart and an analytic grid, add them to a dashboard, deploy them to SharePoint, and explore the options available.
- Create and configure a filter, and tie the filter into both the analytic chart and analytic grid created earlier.
- Create and configure a cascading filter and then tie it into a new analytic chart and grid.
- Create a Time Intelligence data connection, a Time Intelligence filter, and create a report using both.
- Create four copies of the Objective Scorecard, configure settings in each of the four copies, and deploy them to SharePoint in a dashboard.
- Create a new leaf KPI and use that KPI in two new scorecards, one with a filter configured, and one without.
- Create a new dashboard with two pages and review editing options.
- Create a drawing, upload the document to the Student BI Site documents library, and view the drawing in a browser.
- Create a data-connected drawing and upload the document to the Student BI Site documents library.
- Create an objective scorecard and matching strategy map, place them in a dashboard, and then upload the dashboard to the Student BI Site.
- Use PowerPivot within Excel to import a table from SQL Server.
- View the relationships existing within the imported tables from SQL Server and then import an additional table and configure a relationship between it and the existing.
- Hide columns they don’t want reflected in the resulting PivotTable.
- Create a PivotTable within an existing worksheet.
- Assign administrators and permissions on the BDC Metadata Store.
- Explore the different content types available in SharePoint 2013 and learn how to locate them and their corresponding settings.
- Create a document library, configure it to accept specific content types, and then learn how to delete the document library.
- Create and configure a new external content type.
- Create an external list associated with the new external content type created prior.
- Create a new external content type and a new host URL, and then create an external list and profile page.
- Add a custom action to an external list.
- Navigate the Report Builder 3.0 interface.
- Create an embedded data source connecting into a database.
- Create an embedded data source connecting into an OLAP database.
- Create a shared data source using the Report Manager.
- Create a shared dataset using the shared connection they created in the previous exercise.
- Create a new dashboard and explore three different ways to connect the Web Apps.
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers, Business Intelligence Developers, SQL Server Developers and IT Professionals that will be involved with the design, development and maintenance of SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence solutions. The course introduces each of the services and minimizes or eliminates any coding.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of the benefits of business intelligence.