Professional Cloud Service Manager
About this Course
|Course Type||Course Code||Duration|
In an increasingly interconnected and complex IT environment, IT management is under pressure to deliver more agile IT services and adapt to change. Organizations are adopting strategies that include cloud computing in order to meet these challenges and offer reliable,flexible and scalable services. Service management professionals are challenged to help organizations optimally ensure measurable service delivery and management in cloud environments.
The Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM) certification enables participants to designand deliver cloud services. The certification provides a hands-on, practical approach tounderstanding how cloud computing and cloud-based services impact operations, and howto adapt existing processes to deliver better services. The PCSM takes these factors andITIL® best practices into account to bridge service management gaps in cloud adoption.
Why Attend this Course?
Provides a concise coverage with numerous hands on exercises.
What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
The course materials include comprehensive reference materials that help participants continue the educational experience after the course. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Service Manager exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council
Successfully passing (65%) the 75-minute exam, consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Professional Cloud Service Manager Certificate.
What you will Learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recall cloud service management terminology, definitions, and concepts.
- Explain basic terminology related to cloud service management.
- Analyze an organization’s strategic assets and capabilities to successfully design, deploy, and run cloud services.
- Identify and explain important roles involved in cloud service management.
- Compare the relationship between the cloud provider and cloud consumer.
- Differentiate between potential risks and benefits of adopting a cloud strategy.
- Produce an initial cloud adoption strategy.
- Illustrate the benefits and drive the adoption of cloud-based services within an organization.
- Identify strategies to reduce risk and remove issues associated with the adoption of cloud computing and cloud-based services.
- Analyze the impact of demand and how to “right-size” cloud services at the design stage.
- Outline what a cloud marketplace is and differentiate between the consumer’s and provider’s perspective of a cloud marketplace.
- Analyze effective demand management across cloud-based service models.
- Illustrate the benefits, risks, and issues of DevOps within an IT organization.
- Select appropriate structures for designing, deploying, and running cloud-based services within traditional IT organizations.
- Outline the various pricing models for cloud services.
- Examine the challenges with purchasing cloud-based services.
- Diagram a hybrid IT cost model.
- Discover key governance requirements of cloud service provision.
- Model cloud service management principles into ICT operations and IT service management.
- Demonstrate how to link cloud value back to IT strategy.
- Name a number of popular and relevant IT frameworks and standards.
- Predict the complexities involved in designing, deploying, and running cloud services.
- Compare and contrast cloud service management with traditional IT service management in the existing IT organization.
The Professional Cloud Service Manager course will be of interest to:
- IT Managers and CIOs
- Service Managers (with or without an ITIL background)
- Service Management Professionals
- Cloud Strategy and Management Consultants
- Service Architects, Technical Pre-Sales Consultants
- IT Professionals
The CCC Professional level certifications do not have required prerequisites. There are no prerequisites. Cloud Technology Associate certification (or equivalent) is recommended to be conversant in cloud concepts and vocabulary. Participants will also benefit from a strong IT service management background and/or ITIL certification.
Module 1. Cloud Service Management Fundamentals
● History of Cloud Computing
● Basics of Cloud Service Management
● Service Perspectives
● Relationship with IT Service Management (ITSM)
● Cloud Service and Support Models
Module 2. Cloud Service Management Roles
● Cloud Management Roles
● Service Management Roles
● Organizational Roles
Module 3. Cloud Service Strategy
● Cloud Strategy Fundamentals
● Key Drivers for Adoption
● Risk Management Overview
Module 4. Cloud Service Design, Deployment and Migration
● Basics of Cloud Service Design
● Dealing with Legacy Systems, Services and Applications
● Benchmarking of Cloud Services
● Cloud Service Capability Planning
● Cloud Service Deployment and Onboarding
● The Cloud Store
Module 5. Cloud Service Management
● Cloud Service Management Perspective
● Cloud Service Level Management & Service Assurance
● DevOps in a Cloud Environment
● Managing Cloud Service Configurations
● Change Management for Cloud Computing Environments
● Reacting to demand for Cloud Services
Module 6. Cloud Service Economics
● Pricing Models for Cloud Services
● Procurement of Cloud Based Services
● Cloud Service Charging
Module 7. Cloud Service Governance
● Basic Governance Definitions
● Cloud Governance Framework
● Cloud Governance Considerations
Module 8. Showing the Value of Cloud Services to the Business
● Understanding the Value of Cloud Services
● Linking the Value of Cloud Services to Strategy
● Measuring the Value of Cloud Services
What next- How do I arrange a group course or book a public place.?
We are here to help so please utilise our live chat team
Call to speak to your account manager or a consultant on
+44 (0)345 467 9557 or email email@example.com
We are all technical with a wealth of Learning & Development experience
so can talk you through any specific requirements or the details of
one of our courses.